Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Finished Business

   It chills me to think
You may have unfinished business
Weighing even upon your death
   Just because one occasion missed
Held words to dangle, never to be said
   Uneasy my feeling is
A certain kind of dread, you may be consumed
By the thoughts filling up your head
   I find it most unbearable
A vision of your empty shell
All that has been left
   Without me to linger in your memory
Unsettling but for the peace in your heart
I must consider instead
   Hope grants us an opportunity to share
As much as, one more thing you need to say to me
Let it never find its end
   Eternal tranquility, forever shall be set
For everyone taking care of their business
Finished in all hearts can truly mend
   Comfort in your passing we have
And we will remember when
The love between us was undoubted
   None of it be spared even then
I kiss you on your forehead
Knees shaking as I bend
   Our prayers shall guide you
Your final journey is everlasting
Faithfully unto heaven you ascend

3 comments:

A Love Lost

My love is worth more than the lack of effort you bring Once you've lost my love you will feel more than a sting You'll realize that...