Friday, November 29, 2019

How Things Were Then

When viewing pictures from my past,
Special events, places and family
I remember how things were

My childhood face appears in so many of those photos
With the memory of different thoughts and feelings
In the moment, true to me

Time held no meaning as the future
A place far from then is today
Not often wondered about

As this baby's face shown so happy,
I imagine then's love
As this child's face shown so estranged,
I remember then's loneliness
As this teen's face shown so insecure,
I remember then's feeling misunderstood

In adulthood, I feel a mix of these,
I imagine, remember and feel everything
Then's future are the happenings of today,
Optimistic of tomorrow's today

And when I'm an old lady,
How will I look at today, me in this moment?
Hello, good to see you again, as then
What a life in splendor, I remember-
How things were then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Love Lost

My love is worth more than the lack of effort you bring Once you've lost my love you will feel more than a sting You'll realize that...